ASNY Student Essay Contest
- The theme for this year’s contest is "In what ways do you feel that Eastern medicine achieves better outcomes than Western medicine for treating specific ailments. Draw upon your life experiences and what you have learned so far as a student of AOM to explain your answer."
- The competition is open to Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine students who enrolled at least half time in a New York State accredited program.
- Students who enter must also be members of The Acupuncture Society of New York (Student Membership is free, register at www.asny.org)
- The awarded prize is a $250 scholarship.
- Entries must be submitted via email as an attached Word Document, no later than midnight, January 15th, 2013.
- The official email address is email@example.com
- A cover sheet with entrant’s name, school attending and program in which they are enrolled should be included. The pages of the essay itself should not contain any identifying information (name or school).
- All submissions must be in 12 font, Times New Roman with a 1250 word maximum.
- The subject line of the email should read “ASNY Student Essay Contest Entry”.
- No faxes or mailed entries will be accepted.
- The deadline is firm.
- The winning student will be notified no later than February 15th, 2013.
- A panel of at least three members from within the ASNY Board will judge all entries. The judges will look for scholarship, creativity, style, and proper use of the English language. The judges’ decisions are final.